Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Topper Officially Mine

So to follow up the post I wrote a few days ago about how a friend of mines, mother had to get rid of all of her horses. I on a whim said I'd take him because I had ridden him before, knew him, and liked him. Yadda Yadda Yadda...
Us, back in July.



Well our deal was I would take him if I could have my vet come out to do a PPE on him and if he was sound and still ride able. I never thought a second that he wouldn't be but horses are dumb, and get into some crazy things at times so I just wanted to make sure he was fine, healthy, and sound. After going through the whole Dusty ordeal, I will no longer "take someones word" that their horse is "fine". Dusty was "fine" alright. Fine in pasture pet "fine". Yup, he went back to where he came from and at this point I don't even care. If you couldn't tell, I am still extremely frustrated about that whole thing. I don't want a pasture pet horse and really I grew up being told "No use to keeping a lame horse, when there are so many more out there who have no issues". No Hoof, No Horse!


Anyways my vet came out on Thursday to do a PPE on Topper. He passed everything just fine, physical and soundness exams. He was such a good boy during it all. He's never had anything like that really done or asked of him before and he just did the best he could with what everyone was asking him to do, or was doing to him. I was pretty proud of him and how he handled it all. He also got his vaccinations in the process. He got a lot of head hugs through out the whole thing and in return I was given a bunch of head bonks and nudges back from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment