Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Safe

Friday afternoon I ran into an old friend, who I used to ride with. We got to chatting and I asked how things were going with her and her mom. At times, this is a very bad question to ask. Sadly this was one of those moments. The next few things to come out of her mouth were just heart breaking. I shall call my friend B and her mom M for short. B went on to tell me that her and M were going through some really tough times. M's Husband and B's dad were going through a nasty divorce. On top of that, their house was foreclosed on back in the spring and M had lost the farm in it too. I gasped with a really worried look on my face. I asked what did you do with the horses? B replied with we had to get rid of them, we found homes for all except for one so far. M's taking him to New Holland on Monday. We can't afford his care anymore. My heart sank! I asked which horse it was and it was her youngest one, the one who I had ridden before and really liked over all. He was a blast to ride and was just a total goofball and completely sweet. I wanted to puke, right then and there. I wish I was rich, I really do! I wanted to say "I'll take him!" but sadly, that wasn't an option. I drove home sick to my stomach, posted on FaceBook about him in hopes of being able to find him somewhere safe. No big bites. Nothing on Saturday. Sunday morning & afternoon came and went. Sunday evening I'm still banging my head on what can I do!
THIS HORSE CAN NOT GO TO NEW HOLLAND! HE JUST CAN'T!

I felt so sick and out there just knowing Monday was creeping up and this poor horse was still not safe. I made a few phone calls around, asked a few friends for help. The end result is HE IS SAFE! He will be coming to the barn hopefully within the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear he's safe. It's so much harder when it's a horse you know.

    ReplyDelete