Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

HELMETS SAVE LIVES!

Today my friend May, got dumped off of a horse. Thank God she is smart and for her wearing a helmet! If not, she probably would not be here right now.

http://www.riders4helmets.com/

Helmets Save Lives! I Think My Helmet Saved Mine Today – by May Snyder
Posted by admin on October 13, 2011

Thank you to May Snyder for allowing us to share this story of how her helmet saved her head today….

“ALWAYS wear your helmet when doing any sport that uses one.

Today I feel off a lesson barn school horse. Part of my weight went onto my head and I was knocked out for about 5 minutes. I was rushed to Christiana Shock Trauma center. I was immobilized and my clothes cut off. Scans show that I’ll be fine — thanks to my helmet which broke apart to absorb the force of the impact. I’m now fine: just a little sore. But I sincerely believe that without the helmet the injury would’ve been serious.

Please always wear your helmet if you’re riding a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle. I have lost two friends in the last 2 or 3 years due to head injuries (no helmet).

Helmets save lives! ”





No comments:

Post a Comment