Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Six Years Old


Cobre' turned the BIG *6* on March 27th.
Cobre' as a baby


I actually forgot about it until after I had left the barn. The next day I brought him a piece of carrot cake. He didn't seem to like it, but I left it in his feed bucket. The next day I was presented a feed bucket full of a pile of poop on the carrot cake. I got the hint loud and clear, Buddy... no carrot cake next year! Noted! Seriously though, his bucket is hanging up, he had to use math or something to line all of that up perfectly. I did get a good laugh though!

Anyway... Cobre' was auctioned off in 2014 as a colt. His life went down hill from there until he ended up in my friend's Paso Fino horse Rescue. He is from a famous stallion named MarcaPasos from Colombia. His Dam is Piel Canele, she is from Colombia as well. Cobre's sister Doña Petra looks exactly like him, and she is very very famous in the Paso Fino world. They were hoping that Cobre' would be "the next big thing" due to how well he sister is put together and has done, but sadly he wasn't. Which is fine by me because I now have one freaking amazing all around horse. I'm sure politics, money, and broken dreams were involved when Cobre' was gelded and tossed away. He has amazing genes that he would have passed on, like his sister. Oh well, their loss is my gain!





Cobre's sister, Doña Petra~They look identical





MarcaPasos' promotional breeding video

Doña Petra's promotional video
Doña Petra
Cobre' at Bastrop KillPen

No comments:

Post a Comment