Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Okay, who drugged my horse?

I'm pretty sure someone this morning before I got to the barn either drugged my horse, or swapped his brain out with a seasoned trail horse's brain. I'm not complaining because I'm still on a natural high from our first trail ride together! He was AMAZING! Nothing bothered him, other than the random green signs on the fence on the trails. He just gave them a glance and moved over a bit.


Linda said be tacked and ready to load at 10am. 10am on the dot she was at the barn and she brought Becky along too! YAY, double good company! Cobre' loaded just fine and off we went to Dimple Dell. When we got there, we opened up the trailer and poor Cobre' was soaking ringing wet. I mean dripping all over the place, the floor too was soaked. My heart broke because he totally had a panic attack due to every time he's ever been in a trailer, he's ended up somewhere else, with someone new. He seemed quite relieved to see me and he backed off just fine. Got him tied and bridled while the other two were getting their horse's ready.

He was fine while I got on his back and away we all went. Calm, cool, and relaxed he was. He was enjoying the sights, new smells, and just being out.



He did some hill work, and that tired him out but he kept with!


We came across one of the restroom buildings and I had to pee badly. We stopped, I told Linda to hold on to my *crazy wild* horse. LOL  Sadly the doors were locked but I was in luck because their was a grocery store right across the road. Off to find the restroom I went. When I got back Linda told me that Cobre' was just fine and he never took his eyes off of the direction I walked away in. (AWWWWW!!!!)

Jumped back on and we started to head back to the trail, due to Raven's feet being ouchie.

I did a lot of riding today without holding the reins at all. They were extended all the way and I was just enjoying the perfect ride out with my horse and good friends.


 Becky texting and riding. A bad combo! LOL She sent some funny texts by accident.

Simply GORGEOUS!

Towards the end of our ride, there was a bridge. No biggie, he's seen and been over the Jordan River bridge. Then some kids appeared... Great, I thought... I sure hope they had parents with them. They did not. While we got closer, they all stood off of the trail, gave us the right of way, complemented our horses, and the older kids held the littlest one back. AMAZING! ALL KIDS should act like these kids when a horse and rider approach. We went over the bridge without a care in the world, other then birds trying to take Linda out which made Cobre' flinch and be aware.
 
We made it back to the trailer, loaded them all back in, and headed back home. They dropped Cobre' and I off and he seemed so amazed that he was back at the barn and no somewhere new. Poor guy. We'll work on that as he's never going to go to another auction or bad place again. He's here to stay and I see many trail rides in our future!



I got him put away and made sure to see him drink.
Joey the barn cat found me and I had to take a short break and pet him.


Over all, it was one AMAZING day!

No comments:

Post a Comment