Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goat

So I ate goat for the first time yesterday. At first I was pretty hesitant of it due to the goat living in my yard for the past few months, but after the fact, I gave it a chance and I will say that it was pretty darn tasty! We had some friends over and all seemed to really enjoy it, including my dogs as they got the bits we weren't about to eat/cook. Mitchell got 3 goat legs, and Snickers got a got leg, goat heart, and goat tail as she doesn't have many teeth left, so it's hard on her to eat bones and such.

So all in all, I will say a home raised goat is yummy and I would try it again! Eric and I are thinking of getting some female goats and learning how to milk them to make milk and cheese. Yum yum!

A few pictures under cut - *graphic*







No comments:

Post a Comment