Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

She's here!

FINALLY! The day has come and I can't be any happier. Pony is now officially on my property.

Yesterday Eric and I put up the last fence panels for a nice roomy stall. Of course it wouldn't have gone smoothly and resulted in three separate trips to Home Depot. I swear there wasn't going to be a forth trip because come hell or high water, I want bound and determined to make it work! The last four panels were dropped off and we soon got to work... or more less I told Eric he had to help me. First off, the bolts for the hardware clamps, we didn't have the right tools for. First run to Home Depot, to buy a nice ratchet set along with some wrenches. Come back undo all of the panel clamps and find out we need more clamps to clamp everything together. Second trip to Home Depot... to buy clamps (along with some yard tools and a heavy duty plastic bucket for water for Ms. Pony face). Back home I go, I scurry back out to the corral and try to hook the clamps up but no matter what I did, I could not get them to screw on. Stomped into the house, let Eric know what the problem was and he came out to have a look. Well he got the clamps bolted shut and of course as soon as I said "well that worked" the bolt broke in half and blew apart. So we needed good bolts and not the crappy ones the clamps came with. Third trip to Home Depot... to get 10 good 3/8 -3" carriage bolts. Found them and came back home where I happily got everything bolted together and had some fun time killing all the tumbleweed plants that were growing in and near the pen. I'm not looking forward to having to do that to the entire yard since it's all an over grown mess. For now, that would do. Set Legacy's stall up and settled in for the evening to bring in the new year.

This morning woke up bright and early due to our cats being weirdos. Got a few more things ready for Legacy's arrival then played the sit and wait game for an hour. Finally truck and trailer were here and I was unloading Ms. Pony face off of the trailer. She was ready to go but complied nicely and walked on into her new stall. Got her some hay cubes and some grain and hoped she would eat and start to settle in. She gave three whinnies to Jenn and Troy as they were pulling off. I stood around out side with her for a while, watching her eat while listening and watching the llamas, donkeys, horses, and miniature ponies, along with the emu, and chickens that are all across the street.

So far so good. I am happy. She seems content. The world can continue spinning.


2 comments:

  1. So when are you going to dump this one? How many horses have you used up so far? Four? Five?

    And she's so cute too. You should be ashamed of yourself, the shit you put your poor animals through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only owned two horses. My first mare I left in MD with my friend whom I bought her from two years previous. This one I bought out here from a friend. I take it you don't have a clue about me to say something like that.

    ReplyDelete